|Where are we located?
Norman Street Site -3rd Floor Russell Street Building
89 Norman Street,
Please note that Bluewater Health is under construction and there have been changes to Visitor Parking and the hospital entrance.
Please park in the Visitor Parking Lot that is located at the corner of Russell and Maria Streets.
Enter the hospital from the "new" main entrance on Russell Street. Take the elevators directly in front of you to the 3rd floor. Registration for the SSPC is directly across from the elevators.
|How do you contact us?
||Phone Number: 519-464-4400 # 8562 |
Fax Number: 519-464-4440
|What is the clinic role?
- To provide rapid access to assessment, diagnostic testing & treatment for patients identified as high risk for stroke and those who have recently experienced a minor CVA not requiring hospitalization
- We also provide diagnostic and treatment follow-up for CVA patients who had only a short in-patient stay.
|Who are the Stroke Prevention Team Members?
||Internists: Dr. P. Shetty, Dr. J. Dhar or Dr. A. Cornila|
Neurologist: Dr. J. Muhunthan
Clinical Nurse Specialist: Angela Small Sekeris
|What are the hours of operation?
||Tuesday afternoons 12:30-4:30 |
Thursday afternoons 12:30-4:30 clinics are held when the referral volume requires more than 1 clinic per week.
Clinical Nurse Specialist available Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30 pm.
|How do you refer to the clinic?
||Fax a clinic referral form to 519-464-4440 (if you do not have a referral form then please call us and we will send you one).|
** Physician referrals required (ER physicians, family physicians, or other specialist).
|Who do we serve?
||Individuals from Sarnia Lambton who have experienced a TIA or stroke.|
|What do we offer?
- Consultation with an Internist or Neurologist
- Rapid access to CT scans and Carotid Dopplers.
- Rapid access to 2D Echocardiograms, CTAs or MRAs if required.
- Consultation and follow-up and lifestyle modification counseling with the Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- Risk factor management and lifestyle modification education and counseling also provided
- Rapid referral and assessment for CEA when required
- Referral to other services as required (Dietician, Rehab Day Hospital, and Community Services etc.)
|How soon can a new patient be seen?
||Goal is to see urgent patients within 7 days (1-7 days).|