Position: Senior Associate Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Reports to: Director, Corporate Partnerships
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Permanent; Full-time
The Corporate Partnerships Team focuses on developing partnerships with companies across Canada to maximize revenue opportunities for the Foundation. The role of the Senior Associate Manager, Corporate Partnerships is to source, qualify, cultivate and close new fundraising opportunities while stewarding existing partners to renewal as a means to grow the business. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for developing partnerships with corporations and brands that will support the Foundation’s fundraising, research and health promotion initiatives, focusing primarily on sponsorships, employee giving campaigns and cause-marketing programs at the mid size prospect level. The incumbent will have demonstrated results in managing clients and/or experience in sponsorship and fundraising. Knowledge of the sponsorship and corporate giving landscape is a requirement.
- Achieve revenue and in-kind targets and business objectives for corporate sponsorship and promotion activities.
- Support the acquisition, growth and retention of corporate partnerships to generate revenue based on identified key Foundation products and priorities through corporate sponsorships and promotions.
- Solicit and secure corporate support including cash and contra for mass events in Canada (i.e., Ride for Heart, Big Bike) and Mission programs (e.g., Professional Education Series, Resuscitation, Stroke, Heart Healthy Children and Youth).
- Develop Key Prospect Plans and execute the best approach strategies for effective solicitation of each potential new corporate relationship.
- Conduct presentations and lead sales meetings with assigned corporate accounts.
- Working with HSF business units including Mission, Marketing and Community Fundraising, research, customize and finalize all proposals and presentations to be made to potential prospects.
- Build and help steward relationships with new and existing prospects.
Account Management and Client Services
- Provide support to key accounts under the direction of the Director, Corporate Partnerships, ensuring that the business objectives of both HSF and the corporate partners are achieved and recorded in Salesforce database.
- As required, work with counterparts across Canada to support corporate partnership development in all provinces.
- Working with the Corporate Partnerships Activation and Stewardship team, build and execute partner engagement plans including renewal strategies for each partner.
- Help ensure that the fulfillment requirements of all supporter agreements are met according to stewardship plans.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for growth and expansion within existing relationships.
- Coordinate the communications with the clients and internally to ensure the successful delivery of agreements and timely management of issues.
- Gather competitive information and identify potential opportunities and challenges in the corporate market.
- Ensure adherence to the Corporate Partnerships policies.
- Anticipates and plans for future events, trends, problems and opportunities and exercises sound judgment. Evaluates reasonable risk taking opportunities and develops creative solutions, stimulating new ways of thinking and solving problems.
- Drive for results, while maintaining and building effective relationships. Persists in advancing initiatives despite adversity, creating and negotiating alternate solutions as appropriate.
- Develops effective, motivated individuals and teams to achieve common goals. Encourages individuals to develop strengths and supports opportunities to foster professional growth. Willingly shares personal experience and knowledge and provides feedback to improve individual and team performance.
- Acts with integrity by promoting consistency among principles, values and behaviours. Adapts communication style as appropriate. Self-aware, committed to professional and personal growth.
Lateral / Reporting Relationships:
- Senior Associate Managers, Activation & Stewardship, Corporate Partnerships - to effectively coordinate national and provincial sponsorship opportunities.
- Marketing – coordinate sales pitches, debriefs and creation of various marketing tools.
- Cross-functional Mission Program Teams – to support approaches to new prospects including the ideation phase and gathering of relevant statistics.
- Public Relations Team in coordinating approaches to key media outlets for sponsorship opportunities.
- Integration of effective account management and prospect clearance between national and provincial opportunities within the corporate marketplace.
- Coordinating with cross-functional teams across the Foundation to develop an integrated corporate approach to the corporate marketplace.
- Geographic region: Ontario and National
- Securing $1 million in cash and in-kind support for Foundation initiatives including: Ride for Heart, Big Bike and Mission programs (e.g., Health Professional Education Series, Resuscitation, Stroke, Heart Healthy Children and Youth) and various cause marketing and fundraising programs.
- Relationships: 75+ Clients
- Competitive Challenge: complex
- Sales experience with proven results
- Background in corporate sponsored programs and fund development
- Ability to leverage contacts in the corporate market place
- Strong understanding of the marketing process
- Basic understanding of the Foundation’s fundraising and health promotion brands and products
- Able to draw from a repertoire of knowledge, skills and resources to anticipate potential issues and proactively resolves through exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of business management practices; sales and marketing best practices
- Donor Focus
- Demonstrated donor focus through the ability to anticipate partners’ needs and proactively search for solutions to ensure expectations are met or exceeded;
- Operational Effectiveness
- Follows proper procedures and protocols and strives to increase efficiency.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
Internal candidates should speak to their Manager or HR Partner for instructions on how to apply.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. This job opportunity may remain posted until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.