Position: Senior Area Manager, Sudbury, Timmins & North Bay
Department: Community Engagement
Reports to: Regional Manager, North East
Status: Full time, Permanent
Location: Sudbury Area Office
The Senior Area Manager is responsible for managing the effective delivery of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada’s community based fundraising and volunteer development initiatives through the coordinated efforts of staff and volunteer resources. In addition this position is responsible for assisting the Regional Manager with regionally based initiatives.
Fundraising and Business Development
- Meet fundraising goals for the area office including the overall goal and program goals for each key community based fund raising program
- Achieve all program benchmarks
- Develop strategies for growing community presence and reach through fundraising and health promotion initiatives
- Develop strategies to strengthen business/corporate relationships to leverage fundraising and health promotion opportunities
- Support Provincial Office in the development and implementation of new initiatives
- Ensure the area office develops a strong volunteer structure to support the effective delivery of community activities
- Provide leadership to the Chapter Council and committees
- Recruit, orient, support and develop an appropriate mix of volunteers including Chapter Council and volunteer committees
- Develop strategies for strengthening volunteer structures to ensure increased delivery through volunteer resources
Operations, Business Planning and Budget Management
- Lead the development and management of 3 area office implementation plans, financial outlooks and budgets.
- Develop and implement strategies for growing revenue and community presence through fundraising and volunteer development initiatives.
- Identify and analyze potential and opportunities for growth through effective business and strategic analysis.
- Complete a detailed monthly review of area office spending, revenue and key business indicators against budget and ensure accurate and timely Outlooking, accounting and reporting of revenue and expenses and analyze and resolve variances.
- Familiarize and comply with all HSFC Financial, Accounting, IT, Contract and Purchasing Policies and Procedures.
- Develop and maintain organizational excellence in all aspects of area office operations and management.
Human Resources Management
Lead the development of an effective and high performing area office team, ensuring high standards of delivery, competence and Foundation values are maintained and that individuals are well supported in fulfilling their accountabilities, developing their skills and achieving their career potential. Specifically,
- Provide clear direction on business goals and priorities
- Establish team performance plan; build a strong team and develop cohesive lateral relationships cross functionally.
- Establish individual performance plans and objectives; provide coaching and feedback to direct reports.
- Evaluate the performance of direct reports on a regular basis ensure goals are on track. Comply with GPS cycle and at a minimum, conduct two formal reviews during the year; in February/March and in August/September.
- Recruit skilled talent in support of current and future Foundation needs following Foundation policies and assessment guidelines.
- Familiarize and comply with all HSFC Human Resources management policies. Demonstrate the values and competencies of the Foundation through behaviours.
- Ensure accurate administration of employee related information: absence records, vacation, title, etc.
- Regional Support - Provide regional support through the following areas:
- Identify, develop and implement regional strategies for growing fundraising programs
- Lead corporate development and relationships across the region
- Provide support to key growth programs across the region including working with the program leads
- Providing leadership support at cycle meetings and regional trainings
- Training and mentoring of new staff and regional team development
- Accountable for area office staff at 3 locations:
- Area Administrators
- Area/Program Coordinators
- Managing effective delivery of multiple fundraising programs and volunteer development initiatives
- Large geography and significant travel required
- Leading and supporting a team from a distance
- Complexity of marketplace including urban and rural communities, cultural and French language diversity
- Anticipates and plans for future events, trends, problems and opportunities and exercises sound judgment. Evaluates reasonable risk taking opportunities and develops creative solutions, stimulating new ways of thinking and solving problems.
- Drive for results, while maintaining and building effective relationships. Persists in advancing initiatives despite adversity, creating and negotiating alternate solutions as appropriate.
- Develops effective, motivated individuals and teams to achieve common goals. Encourages individuals to develop strengths and supports opportunities to foster professional growth. Willingly shares personal experience and knowledge and provides feedback to improve individual and team performance.
- Acts with integrity by promoting consistency among principles, values and behaviours. Adapts communication style as appropriate. Self-aware, committed to professional and personal growth.
- University degree, preferably in business
- 5-7 years of related experience in a results oriented business environment.
- 2-3 years of proven success in meeting and exceeding fundraising revenue goals as a team leader
- Experience in leading and managing a large team and achieving results through others
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office and Windows XP
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Ability to travel; access to own vehicle
- Sudbury Area office; supporting Sudbury, Manitoulin and Espanola. Timmins office supporting; Cochrane, Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Timiskaming, Tri-Town and Timmins. North Bay office supporting; Nipissing and North Bay.
- Fundraising revenue: ≥$1.36 Million with high growth potential
- Direct Reports: ≥8
- Volunteers: 1000+ including a minimum of 15 leadership volunteers
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com
Internal applicants should speak to their Manager or HR Partner for instructions on how to apply.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. This job opportunity may remain posted until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.